Sunday, January 15, 2006

Thank you, MLK!

Regarding the running: I haven't gotten on the treadmill since Monday. But on Monday I did run a 10 minute stretch, followed by two 5 minute stretches with 5 minutes walking between each. That's pretty good, but I've probably lost it all by now.

However, tomorrow morning is Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Yay! Martin Luther King! State workers off, school off, no traffic, fewer calls at work! Since my hubby, Eric is a state employee, I will be the only one getting up in the morning to go to work. Which is, believe it or not, a good thing. I won't have to get the kids up and dressed, so I will be able to leave the house early and go work out at the health club at 5am. YES, that's good! It is hard to get up and do it if everyone else is sleeping, and if I have to actually leave the house, it helps me to get motivated in the morning.

Eric went to the playoff game for the Seahawks on Saturday. They won. Whoopty-doo. I'm not much of a sports fan, but have been to a few games. I guess if they win their next game, they will be in the Superbowl, which is basically like seeing the face of the virgin Mary on a potato chip or something for the Seahawks. I am sure that I will watch Superbowl day, it's the only football game I watch all year, except for my husband's high school team that he coaches. I'm just not that excited now.

Today I was in Walfart, as usual, and was waiting in line to checkout and was listening to some people talking in the line nearby. One man said, "right on." Not like "RIGHT ON!" WITH ALL THE EXCITMENT AND EVERYTHING! but like no big deal right on. Come on, some enthusiasm please! I have heard a lot of people saying it that way these days and I'm not a fan. Especially since it's kind of an old phrase and they're trying to "re-cool" it. Also a few other things people have said around me lately, like, "Well, you're just Johnny-on-the-spot." That is the most annoying thing I've ever heard. What the HELL does that mean? I guess I am just no longer a teenager!

Okay, so I have to end this post with the cutest thing ever! My little Piper, who is 3, said the cutest thing the other day. I walked in the room and she said, "Mama, my eah is tickly." And I said, "Really?" and she said (gulp! -so cute!) "I think theahs a fwog in theah." Holy crap the funniest thing I've ever heard. I kind of did some bad parenting and just laughed right at her. I had to catch myself and try to be serious with her about it. I explained to her about the bathwater getting in there and how it tickles on its way out. But it was hilarious. It made my whole day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home