Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's Hard Out There For A Pimp

I'm a loser.
Big Loser.

Eric once again swept the Oscar night competition. Out of 24 categories, he picked 16 winners and I got a measly 9.

However, I am extremely pleased with my pick for best song, "It's Hard Out There For a Pimp" by some rap group. Really, I just go through the list with my eyes closed and just plop my pen down just anywhere, and maybe, just maybe, I will pick a winner.

Eric, on the other hand, has been combing the gossip magazines for information so that he can make a "more educated guess." Right! That's why you got me that subscription to People for Christmas. Closet snark!

I was very disappointed that Joaquin Phoenix didn't win, but pleased that Reese Witherspoon did.

It's getting late and I'm going to bed soon...formulating a plan. Next year, I'll serve macaroni and cheese. Maybe that will change the odds in my favor.

I may be a loser, but I'm still a PIMP!!!

2 Comments:

At 3/05/2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger renakate said...

I won over Ginger! Yahoo! She has won the last two years in a row so I am glad to be on top again. We always make a silly little wager, such as buying a box of tiger tales. This year, since I will be staying with her, a block from Dairy Queen, I will be getting a tasty ice cream treat! Yippee. Sorry about your loss. I wanted Joaquin to win too, or Paul Giamati. Oh, well. I thought Dolly Parton was really cute singing her song.

 
At 3/06/2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Kim Shultz said...

I was dissapointed in some of the wins, but pleasantly surprised by both Reese Witherspoon (Best Actress) and Crash (Best Picture). Although I thought Charlize Theron was probably a more deserving nominee, I was happy to see Reese win. We just saw crash a week ago and really thought it was a great movie. I think the mexican locksmith in the Crash should have been nominated for supporting actor, but I guess he did not have a big enough role.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home